Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy
GrowMore is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. Our organisation – in providing services, is also committed against unlawful discrimination of customers or the public.
Our policy’s purpose
GrowMore commits to:
- Provide equality, fairness and respect for all in our employment, whether temporary, part-time or full-time
- Not unlawfully discriminate based on characteristics of:
- gender reassignment;
- marriage or civil partnership;
- pregnancy and maternity;
- race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin);
- religion or belief;
- sexual orientation.
- Oppose and avoid all forms of unlawful discrimination, including in:
- pay and benefits;
- terms and conditions of employment;
- dealing with grievances and discipline;
- leave for parents;
- requests for flexible working;
- selection for employment, promotion, training or other developmental opportunities.
GrowMore commits to:
- Encourage equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace as they are good practice and make business sense
- Create a working environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, promoting dignity and respect for all, and where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognised and valued.
- This commitment includes training managers and all other employees about their rights and responsibilities under the equality, diversity and inclusion policy. Responsibilities include staff conducting themselves to help the organisation provide equal opportunities in employment, and prevent bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination.
- All staff should understand they, as well as their employer, can be held liable for acts of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, in the course of their employment, against fellow employees, customers, suppliers and the public.
- Take seriously complaints of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination by fellow employees, customers, suppliers, visitors, the public and any others in the course of the organisation’s work activities.
- Such acts will be dealt with as misconduct under the organisation’s grievance and/or disciplinary procedures, and appropriate action will be taken. Particularly serious complaints could amount to gross misconduct and lead to dismissal without notice.
- Further, sexual harassment may amount to both an employment rights matter and a criminal matter, such as in sexual assault allegations. In addition, harassment under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 – which is not limited to circumstances where harassment relates to a protected characteristic – is a criminal offence.
- Make opportunities for training, development and progress available to all staff, who will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential, so their talents and resources can be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
- Make decisions concerning staff being based on merit (apart from in any necessary and limited exemptions and exceptions allowed under the Equality Act).
- Review employment practices and procedures when necessary to ensure fairness, and also update them and the policy to take account of changes in the law.
- Monitor the make-up of the workforce regarding information such as age, sex, ethnic background, sexual orientation, religion or belief, and disability in encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion, and in meeting the aims and commitments set out in the equality, diversity and inclusion policy. Monitoring will also include assessing how the equality, diversity and inclusion policy, and any supporting action plan, are working in practice, reviewing them annually, and considering and taking action to address any issues.
At Growmore, we believe that diversity and inclusion are essential for fostering a positive and productive workplace. Our Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Policy reflects our commitment to promoting fairness, respect, and equal opportunities for all employees, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, or any other personal characteristic. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels valued and empowered to reach their full potential. Join us in our journey towards creating a fair and equal work environment for all. Book a free consultation with our experts today!