Are you looking for a way to promote your brand effectively?
While display advertising can be a powerful tool for building your brand, it might be struggling for you to decide where to start. At GrowMore, a marketing agency in Tbilisi, we decided to delve into display advertising in depth and demonstrate to you the potential issues that can be encountered along the way, the opportunities for discovering new audiences, and how display ads can fit into your overall digital marketing strategy.
How does display advertising work?
Display advertising is an online form of promotion that combines text, visuals, and a clickable call-to-action (CTA) that leads to a designated webpage with a brand’s products or services. It is typically seen along the top or sides of a website—or sometimes, in the middle of the content you’re reading. But it can also be seen in traditional media such as newspapers, magazines, television, and radio.
Display advertising can be tailored to specific audiences based on their interests and demographics. This allows advertisers to reach potential customers who are more likely to be interested in their products and services. The goal of display advertising is to build brand awareness. It can also be used to retarget customers who have already visited your website, offering them a more personalised experience.
How can display advertising increase brand awareness?
Such a powerful tool as display advertising can be used to effectively increase contact with your target audience, thus raising brand awareness and visibility. Through a well-planned media buying approach, a reasonable budget, and a comprehensive marketing strategy, you can really create the feeling that you are everywhere. You can become a market leader. With this type of advertising, you can create a consistent presence and message that resonate with your target audience.
Display advertising is an effective form of online marketing since it can quickly reach a large audience. With the help of this kind of advertising, you can produce visually appealing and captivating advertisements that are more likely to grab consumers’ attention and result in sales. That means you can present your message more effectively, allowing more people to become aware of the brand and reaching users who may not have been aware of the business’ offerings prior.
How else can you benefit from display advertising?
- Increased Engagement.
Users are more likely to click on interactive ads that contain videos, images, animations, and other elements because they catch their attention and help to make the user experience more engaging for potential customers.
Being able to set a budget and track performance helps you get the most bang for your buck. Display ads can be adapted to any budget, allowing you to maximise your marketing efforts. You can also adjust your campaigns as needed to ensure you’re getting the highest ROI possible.
How do you measure the conversion of display advertising?
The important thing to understand when you’re using display ads is that they won’t bring you conversions right away. As mentioned before, the main goal of using display ads is to create brand awareness. Additionally, when combined with OOH advertising, social media, PR publications, and other client communications, display ads can reveal their full potential.
In most cases, a display ad does not directly lead to a conversion. Display ad effectiveness can only be grasped by tracking assisted conversions. These are the interactions with the audience that are necessary for the conversion to take place but are not themselves the primary source of the audience’s conversion.
Consider the following scenario: you watched a video online, clicked on it, but did nothing with the information provided, and the next day you saw a banner in the subway, visited a website, and eventually made a purchase. The initial clicks can be traced back to specific pages using software like Google Analytics. Even if the user doesn’t click on the banner or video, you can still monitor their exposure to it.
Do you know how to take advantage of the various types of display advertising?
Due to the rapid pace at which new formats are being developed, display advertising is difficult to categorise in the media marketplace. However, we can provide the most widespread categorization so that your campaigns are more specific and fruitful. By understanding the different types of display ads, you will have the ability to select the best option for the target audience and ensure that your messages are seen in the right places.
- Static or Standard Banner Ads are the most common type of display advertising, and they are typically rectangular in shape with a static image or text. They are used to grab the attention of website visitors and promote a product or service. The reach and versatility of static banner ads are two of their main selling points. They can also be used to help achieve a variety of goals, including lead generation, and direct sales.
- Animated Ads are usually used to capture the attention of website visitors, and they are often used to bring life to a product or service as they show customers how to use a product or tell the history of a company. Animated commercials have many positive effects, including raising brand awareness and encouraging audience participation.
- Interactive Ads help to engage website visitors and provide them with an interactive experience. They are frequently integrated with multimedia elements like video, audio, and quizzes. The ability to engage website visitors and provide them with an interactive experience is one of the benefits of interactive advertising, as is the ability to increase brand awareness.
- Video ads are becoming increasingly popular as a means of attracting the attention of online viewers. They are typically used to demonstrate how a product or service works, or to tell a story about a brand. One of the advantages of using video ads is that it can pique the interest of website visitors.
- Expandable ads are used to increase the size of a standard banner ad when it is clicked or hovered over. This allows for more information to be displayed, such as a larger image or a longer message. One of the many advantages of expandable ads is that they are more likely to attract the attention of website visitors.
- Lightbox ads offer a unique and interactive experience to website visitors. While at first glance they appear to be regular ad units, when a user moves their mouse over one, the ad expands into a full-screen canvas takeover ad that may include video, audio, animation, and other elements.
- Interstitial Ads have the potential to deliver a more compelling message than traditional banner ads. These are full-screen ads that appear while users engage with an app, often during transition points. They are commonly seen in mobile games and can be both a way to monetize the free version of the game or as an option to pay a one-time fee to remove the ads.
- 360-Degree Video Ads provide a virtual reality experience to engage users as they can interact with the ads directly by rotating their phones or moving through space. They may require specialised equipment and software, but can be used to create highly interactive display campaigns.
- Static Banned and Video Ads is the most popular format of display advertising as it fits into the most websites. Static banners are used to grab the attention of website visitors and promote a product or service, while video ads are used to provide website visitors with an engaging interactive experience. Using this combination will raise your brand awareness and customer involvement with a website.
What are the potential pitfalls associated with display advertising?
One of the biggest issues in display advertising that you should worry about is fraud. In this context, “fraud” refers to the use of automated software (bots) to imitate human visitors to your website by clicking on ads and interacting with the site in other ways.
Display advertising can be shown on a massive number of websites, and not all of them are trustworthy by default. However, if your ad appears on a website that is specifically designed for this kind of action, then it is very easy to trick people into visiting malicious websites. Consequently, you may observe “amazing” results immediately following a click, but no actual conversions or actions will have taken place.
So what can you do to prevent this kind of action?
One way to prevent fraud is to use fraud detection tools. These tools can detect the prevalence of fraudulent activity and even block display advertising if necessary. This is especially important for organisations with a strong brand safety guide.
Each of these tools offers different features and capabilities to help protect against fraud. With the right combination of tools, you can ensure that your online advertising campaigns remain safe and secure. We would love to explore the most popular ones with you.
- Kount is an ecommerce fraud prevention platform that helps protect businesses from fraudulent credit card payments and other forms of fraud. It helps protect businesses from chargebacks and losses associated with fraudulent transactions.
- Riskified is an AI-powered fraud prevention and chargeback protection platform. It automatically detects and prevents online fraud while still allowing legitimate purchases to go through. It evaluates each transaction to determine whether it is likely to be fraudulent, and if so, it will flag it for manual review.
- Forter is an online fraud prevention and risk management platform. It helps to detect suspicious activity on websites and in-app purchases and block any potential fraud before it can be completed.
- Signifyd is an ecommerce fraud prevention platform that uses advanced machine learning technology to analyse each transaction to detect patterns of suspicious activity. It also provides chargeback protection and real-time fraud alerts.
- ClearSale is an online fraud prevention and chargeback protection platform that uses a combination of machine learning algorithms and manual review to detect suspicious activity.
- DoubleVerify is a dedicated Fraud Lab and Semantic Science teams focus exclusively on developing cutting-edge solutions for brands, advertisers, marketplaces and publishers — from identifying the latest fraud schemes to safeguarding brand reputation across devices and emerging channels.
Choosing the right fraud prevention tool for your business can be a difficult task that requires professional help. Fortunately, Growmore, a leading marketing agency, is experienced in evaluating and selecting the best fraud prevention tools for businesses of all sizes and can help you make the best choice for your specific needs.
Do you feel a little overwhelmed by all of this information?
But there is no need to get started with display advertising without having to rely on a marketing agency.
Display advertising is great and often a necessary tool to expand your brand awareness and increase sales. Also, without proper strategy, measurement, and understanding of the whole marketing strategy, it can be a waste of time and money that will literally produce no result.
Working with a marketing agency like GrowMore can help your display advertising campaign and improve your overall business strategy. GrowMore can offer you detailed advice on which marketing tools and analytics to use, as well as where and how to correctly place them.
Even if display advertising isn’t for you, don’t worry—GrowMore still has the solution. Our marketing experts are on hand to help you create innovative and creative marketing plans that meet both your business and customer needs. With our advanced marketing tools, you will get instant results that drive customer engagement and boost brand awareness.
Growmore is an innovative full-stack growth hacking marketing agency based in the Caucasus region and serving clients all over the world. Our mission is to help businesses expand to their fullest potential by giving them the resources they need to succeed. We offer a wide range of services, from website optimisation to social media campaigns and data-driven strategies.
So don’t wait any longer, book a consultation with us today and start your growth journey.